Sunday, February 21, 2010

Look what I can do!

Last week I decided I wanted to learn to crochet and snowboard. Haven't tackled snowboarding more than going down a hill standing in a sled, but I learned to crochet!




I learned single, double, triple and in the round. I am still learning what the abbreviations mean and how to read a pattern. I haven't encountered increasing and decreasing yet. I have been watching YouTube videos to learn, then Evie asks me to show her. I am mildly obsessed, we need more than one borrowed crochet hook. Evie is, of course, thinking outside the box and with the limited knowledge she has is making a very interesting crown--will post pics later. I am practicing all my stitches in the round, maybe I am making a hat?

I will need a hat when I learn to snowboard!

2 comments:

tiff said...

Awesome! Looks great...can't wait to see the snowboarding hat! :)

Sarah said...

Awesome! I learned how to knit this winter at the library! I am anxious to learn more techniques, looks like you are both doing great work!