Monday, November 30, 2009

On her own




She rode off to a friend's house for more Harry Potter rehearsal. While she was gone another friend called looking to play in the afternoon. After a quick lunch she was off again. Home for dinner, then she made cookies and finally we decorated--together!

I was confident she would learn to sit up. I knew she would walk and talk one day. With just as much confidence I waited for her to read, use numbers, build things and take the feelings of others into consideration.

She is more amazing every day, I'm just along for the ride, she is figuring it all out, supported AND on her own.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, here's some more reading on the subject:

Helicopter Parents: The Backlash Against Overparenting - TIME

FreeRangeKids

PLAYLINK

No comments: