Saturday, October 04, 2008

For the record . . .

Part of why I keep this blog is to have a record of what we have done with our days. Some times I philosophize, sometimes I just try to keep up. Today's post is just for the record.




Thursday saw Evie and a friend identifying a bone. I can't imagine a better house than ours for the task. What? You dont have this book laying around on your shelves? It was just the ticket, they identified the bone in question as a left horse humerus. Then we went to my favorite park and we built a stick fort big enough for me to stand in!

Friday involved making a horse for a saddle that our dear friend Laurie gave to Evie. If you get a free saddle, you might have to make a horse to go with i!




Today we did our first ever orienteering race! There were 9 checkpoints and we finished in just under an hour and a half. It was fun and a bit frustrating, it was great map practice and we all want to do it again.

That's a wrap (for now).

No comments: