Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Twizzles

This morning we finished reading Mrs. Piggle Wiggle's Farm. Then I exercised and Evie built an unbelievable fort out of the living rooms chairs, ALL the blankets and pillows from the beds and the trampoline. We pretended I was visting her in Canada from South Africa and I was staying for Christmas. We ate lunch and then headed for the skating rink. The ice was AWFUL but we persisted and tried doing "twizzles" like we had seen on Olympic ice dancing last night. Evie taught mw how to spin on one foot. I did it! She, of course, could spin twice and not fall over. I could spin once, mostly, and land heavily with two feet.

We went to a friend's house for a knitting group. The girl kiddos all went off to play Barbies and imagination games. We came home and Evie immediately went to find more friends to play with and show her fort to.

How can I worry about what she is learning? She is so happy, making connections in the world, asking questions, creating and solving problems. Who cares if she takes a different path than that of her schooled friends, her path is her own, and that is the most valuable one of all.

A day well lived!

No comments: