Friday, January 28, 2011

Power

Not sure where I am going with my thoughts on the subjects of power, autonomy, confidence and labels--I am sure there is a good blog post in there somewhere but it isn't ready to come out. So, I will leave you with a few pictures from a gathering yesterday where folks made foam weapons (oddly we had all that stuff at our house . . .) and then fought and played Capture the Flag, Percy Jackson style.




The fighting and running and cheering is what started to clarify what I've been thinking about, but it's not quite there.

Evie had an AWESOME time.

2 comments:

cfgyexy6464 said...

My girls had a lot of fun too.

Thank you to Scott for his quick shield-making abilities :)

denise said...

We were sad to miss that one. Sick boy, so we missed. A has been wanting to start fencing, but doesn't really want the whole club formal thing either. Hard to find that balance of fun new interest VS. all that is available is really more than what you want, if that makes sense!

Looks like fun!