Thursday, April 08, 2010

Play Trumps All

This is short, but important. I overheard a conversation between a parent and child today. The child wanted to go with friends to play (one of the friends was my kid). The mom needed to have her child do "things" at home that hadn't gotten done because of other playing throughout the week.

It was then that I realized, for me, now, play trumps all. The organized activities that Evie has chosen are unmissable in her opinion because they are play. We often change our plans because friends invite us over to play.

Through play, the perfect world unfolds. It works for adults too. Think about play. Then let it it supersede everything and watch what happens.

2 comments:

5 Kids With Disabilities said...

I love your philosophy! I don't think anyone would regret not doing chores...whereas they WOULD regret not taking the time to play!
Lindsey Petersen

tiff said...

Words to live by...as adults we need to remember this for sure!!!!