Thursday, April 15, 2010

Absent






Evie and I took a quick trip East this weekend. To make a long story short, we were visiting a dear friend who is receiving medical treatment in Boston, he and his family are staying in my SIL's house while my SIL lives with my MIL. I have the world's BEST in-laws.

We hiked the The Freedom Trail. Evie and I both found it very moving, especially after watching every single episode of Liberty's Kids and hitting to books before we left. Evie liked the churches and cemeteries best, I loved Fanueil Hall. Walking in the footsteps of history provides a unique opportunity to think about the future.

We went to an Albrecht Durer exhibit at the MFA. It was a fascinating exhibit because of his technique and also his subject matter. We got interested in him after reading this book.

We also explored The Secrets of Tomb 10A: Egypt 2000 BC.

Played with cousins, ate good food, rode lots of public transportation, visited the MGH proton therapy center, felt grateful four our health and family, went running a lot, celebrated a few birthdays, played with duct tape, played millions of games of Sorry! and talked and talked and talked.

No comments: