Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Horsin' Around




Evie and I spent the weekend at a Mother/Daughter horseback riding camp. I hadn't been on a horse in 15 years! We had a lovely time and finished out the weekend with a party with my mom. We are leaving tomorrow for a wedding in TX, Scott can't come which means we will be apart for our anniversary (Sat, same day as the wedding). It should be a fun time, road trips are always good for few laughs.

As we were packing I realized that the books Evie reads are now of interest to me. So, except for a few magazines I just plan to read what she brought! There seems to be a real lack of new, quality literature for excellent readers of Evie's age. It seems to be assumed that at age 8 one is able to read short, formulaic series books. The good stuff seems to have much older protagonists or plots. Don't get me wrong, there are tons of great books out there, it takes more searching than it should.

Not much time to blog lately, still hanging our laundry, still watching Dancing with the Stars, still planting flowers--all for now!

No comments: