Tuesday, September 04, 2007

88 degrees




It is hot and "wring your clothes out" humid today. It is also the first day of school for kids in our area. As is traditional for us, we went to a coffee shop this morning to wile away the hours with a yummy drink, books, mancala and Uno. On the way home we stopped at a park, Evie missed her footing on a piece of equipment and really knocked the wind our of herself and bruised (maybe broke?) ribs--what a day!

On my walk this morning I saw two Great Blue Herons in flight, a pair of Belted Kingfishers and a hummingbird!

We devoured a book last night that has catapulted (pun intended, I think) us back into an exploration of knights and castles and chivalry and troubadors and the Middle Ages etc. I say "back" because we seem to return to it every few years for a fresh take or a closer examination of some new aspect. I'll let you know where we go this time!

I am determined to post more often because when I look back at the posts from a year ago I am so pleased to have those memories. It is midday now, hot and sticky, with a little one icing her ribs--oy!

UPDATE: A mere 2 hours after the aforementioned injury Evie was back to her usual escapades. She is currently romping on her stilts. When asked if she was okay she replied "Yeah, I just won't do anything that stresses my obliques for a few days." Where did she learn the word "obliques?

No comments: