Monday, January 01, 2007

Hurrah for the new year!

The sun is shining, there is still no snow. We had planned a hike for last night but the weather was dreadful so we are off for a quick amble today to greet the new year!

When I was 8 I was obsessed with clocks and time. The obsession has hit Evie a bit earlier and we finally sat down to do some reading about time, clocks, gears etc. She asked for a quick lesson on telling time on an analog clock. It took about 10 minutes to explain it all and she is a time telling pro. I had a bunch of blank clock faces on a piece of paper and she asked for "60 of those lovely clocks, Mama!" She has been filling each page with different times. Now she and Scott are working on clocks our of legos--Scott's is very complicated, Evie's is very simple. I see sundials, waterclocks, candle clocks and tiny springs in our future!

On a totally different note, I have caught the embroidery bug again (haven't had it since I was 7). I have a bunch of pillow cases I am working on and it is so fun to see the progress as I work. Myabe this is the crafty hobby for me.

I am bursting with good books/movies we have discovered lately but the sunshine is calling.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: