Sunday, July 30, 2006

Travel

This week Evie and I received an invitation to do a week long canoe expidition in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. We would be going with two other moms and two other kids, including one of Evie's favorite friends. She and I have been camping by ourselves but never this kind of trip. Eleven plus hours to get there and paddling a canoe all day. I am trepidatious and totally excited. If I can get my work life re-scheduled I think we will do it. Evie is, of course, completely over the moon about the idea.

Next Friday she and I are off on our annual Minneapolis trip. Scott has a trade show in Salt Lake every year so Evie and I head north to visit my old stomping grounds. We used to stay with my grandpa but since he died two years ago we stay with a high school friend who has three girls! Her oldest has started calling Evie her "cousin" because it is too complicated to explain who we really are! We will be seeing a community production of the Wizard of Oz starring one of the aforementioned daughters. We also plan to visit Historic Fort Snelling (we are suckers for any living history museums and this one is AWESOME) and the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. There is aletterbox located there so we will probably do that too.

In September we are off to Boston for a week, Old Sturbridge Village and Old Ironsides are on our list--maybe even with our BWCA companions!

In October Evie and I are off to D.C. for a week. She read a book about a mystery in the Smithsonian and she has wanted to visit ever since. Luckily, I have an aunt and uncle who live there and love having guests and I found $44 air tickets!

I have been looking at the 2007 National Geographic Travel trips and drooling. If ony we were millionaires! I can't think of a better way to learn about and experience our world than by circling it time and time again!

No comments: