Sunday, March 05, 2006

What we do

The weekend has been flying by as usual as we all do our own things. I have an injured knee and wrist so I am watching from a distance more than usual. Here are some things I have noticed this weekend:

Evie loves books. She loves to be read to, she loves to read, she loves to play with books, she loves to build with books. For the third time this week she has created a library with a friend. She has interesting categories (folk tales, bunnies, books with "special" in the title). She and the friend actually alphabetized a whole stack of books. She made library cards and she loves to have Scott and I come and make outrageous and obscure requests and see if she can find a book to fit the bill.

I was working on the computer for about 1.5 hours last night and Evie was at her desk making a book for her grandma, making me a riddle sheet and a number find card. Her spelling has changed so much in the last 6 months. Many things she spelled in her own way in September have morphed into conventional spelling. She also loves to talk by spelling now: "I l-o-v-e y-o-u- M-o-m-m-y-!" (yes, she actually says "exclamation point")

I don't like to be un-occupied. Even sitting still with a travel magazine was challenging for me this weekend. I want to list a bunch of stuff on eBay and I have the time but the auctions will end when we are out of town so I have to wait. I wish we had more money. I want to not worry about bills, I want to save for all of our futures, I want to travel and damn it, I want to but a few pretty things.

Scott will have a crazy week getting ready for a tradeshow that starts Friday.

I wonder what will happen in the days ahead--they will all be days well lived!

No comments: