Monday, March 08, 2010

Losing Track of Time

Days go by without blogging and I come to do it again and say, "Really? has it been that long?"

Saw Alice this weekend - in 3D. Oh my GOODNESS!! It is my new "Make Your own Way In the World, Rockin' Girl-Power" movie. Did I mention you also need to watch Phoebe?

Outdoor oven baking--Evie and I need practice with dough.

Walks with my honey.

Today was GENEALOGY. We are hooked on Faces of America. Today we followed my maternal grandmother's line back to Rheinhessen, 1685. We even got all the way back to the 1480's with a little creativity. Lots o' relatives buried in Cassville, PA. We will be stopping next December. Evie is captivated.

Started researching the Revolutionary War today (again). Why? Because we are heading to Boston in a few weeks and Evie wants to do a historic walking tour. We have decided to figure out which of our ancestors were around then and if they had any revolutionary activity. We have been here before, issue of justice, equality and (interestingly) poetry seem to be our guides this time. I am looking forward to it.

Started writing lots today. "I am" poems. Evie and I decided to actively try writing together every day. We will alternate days for "assignments" and after one month we will publish our book--we both want to learn more about bookmaking and each have our own reasons for wanting to practice writing each day. Interesting.

It was Monday, so Harry Potter play practice happened, at the other house. I am told a centaur was made.

Carry on people!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, Jen. I have a documentary for ya. A Family Undertaking
It's about home funerals/burials. I saw it on PBS several years ago and, honestly, would love to own it. I was flipping through the channels and heard a woman say "I'm a midwife for the dying" and I was hooked. It was one I will never forget. I told Bri that's what I want. A home funeral, cremation, sprinkling on this farm and in a family cemetery in IN.

Lynch Family said...

Yup. That's a good one. My parents have been involved with that movement (in various ways) for awhile. I love the Swedish option of cryogenic freezing, smashing into a million pieces and composting! Bring birth and death back where they belong--HOME!