Thursday, August 13, 2009

Expectations

It was a long night last night. I expected to be drained and overtired and little frustrated. Instead, I feel so lucky that my daughter feels safe with me, talks to me, opens up to me. I am so proud that it helps to just hold her or stroke her hair. I am pleased that I am mature enough that this is all good and okay and wonderful.

Today we skipped log rolling and went to the movies. We saw "Tales of Despereaux." It should not be rated "G." It is a perfect story about grief and redemption and forgiveness--appropriate for 9 and up in my opinion. Then we went mini-golfing. Evie got a "hole in one." We tried "Dippin' Dots" ice cream, very weird, it had always caught our attention so we decided to give it a try. Then Evie tried the batting cages!

We came home, read, I napped, we had a picnic with friends a walk in the woods are more star gazing.

Good.

2 comments:

tiff said...

Your day sounds perfectly lovely...spent together! Jenn you are a good mom with a great kid!

Shana Verstegen said...

I'm so glad Evie is feeling better. She was missed in class last week.
Dippin' Dots ALWAYS make things okay again.